An area fraternal organization will play host to a benefit to help a Robinson family injured by a citronella candle explosion.
The Vincennes Moose Lodge, 904 S. 17th St., will have the benefit Saturday from 5 to 11:30 p.m. for the Shrum family.
The Shrums were injured May 18, when a table-top citronella candle exploded over 10-year-old Mackenzie and her father, Jarrod, catching them on fire. Mother and wife, Jenny Shrum, was injured as she tried to put the fire out on her child and husband.
Jarrod Shrum was taken to Springfield Memorial Hospital, Springfield, for treatment, while Mackenzie was taken to St. John's Children's Hospital, Springfield.
According to a family friend, both Jarrod and Jenny have been cleared by doctors to return to work and Mackenzie will be able to start school this fall.
The benefit will feature family fun from 5 to 7 p.m. with face painting, a kids' auction, bike raffle, cake walk, hot dogs and drinks. From 5 to 10:30 p.m. there will be a silent auction. At 8:30 the band "Doctor Tested and Doctor Approved" will take the stage. Tickets for the concert are $10 at the door or two for $15 in advance.
All proceeds go to help the Shrum family with medical and other expenses. Donation can be made to the Shrums at any First Robinson Savings Bank Location or Old National Bank location.